Black Gay Weddings was established in 2018 to showcase and elevate the love of LGBTQIA+ couples of color and create an online community where every declaration of love is celebrated, regardless of color. Our focus is on diversity and inclusion because LOVE IS LOVE! Our mission is to celebrate couples of color from all walks of life. Correcting the systemic underrepresentation of couples of color and strengthening LGBTQIA+ advocacy requires the involvement of everyone in the LGBTQIA+ community to ensure no one is disenfranchised. Because LGBTQIA+ couples of color were unrepresented in traditional wedding publications and underrepresented in most gay and lesbian publications, Black Gay Weddings and BGW Elevate Magazine were created to level the representational playing field and increase visibility for LGBTQIA+ couples of color. We are an online community providing a voice and a virtual venue for LGBTQIA+ couples of color to be inspired, informed, and share ideas. So thank you for taking the first step in sharing your story with the Black Gay Weddings community.
What makes an excellent submission for BGW Elevate?:
- LGBTQIA+ Weddings
- LGBTQIA+ EnGAYgements
SPECIAL NOTE: Unfortunately, not every submission can be featured, but all submissions will be reviewed and lovingly considered.
All submissions, including stories, photographs, videos, audio, ideas, suggestions, and all related materials of any kind whatsoever (hereinafter referred to as “Submissions”), will not be returned to you, nor will they be kept confidential. All Submissions may be used: (i) on www.bgwelevate.com (the “Website”), in the BGW Elevate Magazine, and in marketing materials and websites of its associated vendors and syndicated partners; (ii) for broadcast, printed, or other publication mediums by Broughton Media Group LLC or any of its affiliated vendors, companies or entities, including, but not limited to, Black Gay Weddings, BGW Elevate Magazine, LGBTQBizList, Broughton Studios, and Broughton Productions, and distributed in all markets and media now known or hereinafter devised, worldwide and in perpetuity. By submitting the Submissions, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your name and geographic location, possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution, and/or broadcast of your submission (s).
- The Submissions may be shared with Black Gay Weddings affiliates and related entities.
- Neither Black Gay Weddings nor any of its vendors, affiliated companies, or entities are obligated to use or pay you for the use of any Submission.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in subsequent profit-sharing agreements, You are not submitting any Submissions with any implied promise or understanding that payment will be made to you by Black Gay Weddings or any party affiliated with Black Gay Weddings and Broughton Media Group LLC.
- It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to Black Gay Weddings by multiple sources and/or that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by Black Gay Weddings staff.
- The submission you are about to submit grants irrevocably to Broughton Media Group LLC, Black Gay Weddings, its associated vendors, all of its affiliated companies and entities, and each of its licensees, successors, and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use the Submissions and all elements thereof. Black Gay Weddings may edit the Submissions for length, clarity, and/or functionality for use in all mediums.
- The Submissions will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and may be shared with and used by the staff of Black Gay Weddings and any of its affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if Black Gay Wedding believes it to be warranted. NeitherBroughton Media Group, Black Gay Weddings, nor any other party with whom Black Gay Weddings shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or submission that you submit. You shall receive no compensation whatsoever for the Submissions or the use thereof by Black Gay Weddings, its affiliated companies or entities, or any of its licensees, successors, and assigns unless otherwise authorized by the operating managers of Broughton Media Group, LLC.
- Black Gay Weddings reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions or other specifics as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
- By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are of the age of majority in your state of residence and at least Eighteen (18) years of age.
- No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or invades a person’s privacy; violates any law or any intellectual property or other property or other rights, or is known to be false.
- To effectively showcase our community, and tell your story in the best way possible, Black Gay Weddings will only select professionally shot photos and videos for featured stories across all BGW media platforms and on our site. We reserve the right not to post any photos or videos that do not represent our brand.
- Black Gay Weddings will never compromise its brand by authorizing anyone to use the photos or videos submitted by you on sites promoting sexually explicit or otherwise vulgar materials.
All subscriptions are Non-Refundable. Once a subscription order is placed, and an account is created, you can manage your subscriptions using the “MY ACCOUNT” link on the BGW Elevate website. You can cancel renewals until they have been processed for the next renewal period. Renewals WILL NOT be refunded once they are processed.
All subscribers hereby acknowledge that access to content and associated links are for personal use and cannot be shared with third parties.
Although we endeavor to provide periodicals in a timely fashion, there may be times when issues may be delayed or even canceled without notice. Accordingly, subscribers acknowledge and will hold Broughton Media Group, Black Gay Weddings, and its affiliates blameless for unpublished BGW Elevate Issues. Additionally, subscribers will not seek to be refunded for any issues provided late or otherwise not provided during an annual subscription period.
These Terms may be updated periodically without notice.